Ensuring that aircrews are mission ready, have all required training, and receive the information needed to maintain flight crew currency is a priority of the 437th Air Wing (AW) and 628th Maintenance Group (MG). Our subject matter experts support Global Reach Operations users and the databases and information systems that drive training and mission readiness.
The Global Reach Operation’s mission ensures the 437th AW / 628th MG can maintain mission readiness and track aircrew training. Trofholz IT experts help the 437th AW / 628th MG review its existing systems, analyze their capabilities, and find the best way of gathering and sharing system information. We start each project by evaluating the existing system. First, our experts decide if the systems can be updated, changed, or must be re-created altogether. After evaluating the scope of work, the GRO team then develops and supports dynamic web-based applications. This often includes designing and building databases. Sometimes, it also includes integrating multiple information systems, and creating dynamic web sites. Finally, our team helps recognize new needs, and plan and analyze requirements for new systems. The team builds our applications utilizing ColdFusion 9, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Suite and HTML development languages and tools.
The GRO information portal delivery system manages security protocols, re-usable procedures, flow and control, and the basic framework for GRO web applications. Through Global Reach Operations, the 437th AW / 628th MG has;
- 24/7 online testing for ALL Wings at Joint Base Charleston and all C-17 maintainers worldwide.
- Virtual document delivery system that supports aircrew currency
- Distribute significant changes and procedural updates for C-17 simulator instruction.
- Trains and manages aircraft maintenance personnel
- 24/7 access to digital training documents.
- Globally available tool for tracking, searching, and retrieving historical help desk data.
- Reports Non-Mission-Ready and Go/No Go aircrew condition and Competencies
- 24/7 aircrew currency and volume tracking
- Produce operations mission scheduling
- Chronicling the entire lifecycle of the aircraft and mission.
- 24/7 hosting of worldwide online scheduling for all C-17 Maintenance courses at Joint Base Charleston (JBC), Dover AFB, Jackson Air National Guard (JANG), Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM), Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst (JBMDL), and Travis AFB.
- Track all government purchase card events
- Create best value determination paperwork for contracting.
- Online content management system with authorized user file sharing worldwide.
- Supply Safety, Tactical, and SOLL II dissemination of pertinent information for aircrew notification and mission configuration changes.
- Assign and track suspense actions, assigns deadlines, and tracks user responses.
- Reduce the training cycle time for C-17 aircraft maintenance personnel
- Increase the quality of student training.
The Global Reach Operations Team
We create advanced information management products and perform data system management. This includes GRO related hardware and software, server network architectures, and server network administration services. As part of our work, we defined, tested, designed, installed, supported, and managed automated information systems of all types. Our services support wired/wireless networks, data, and Internet Protocol (IP) communications. These services range from the most basic adjustments to the most sophisticated global network structures.
To complement all our development, management, server network administration and security work, our team runs a managed tiered help desk. Our experienced staff answers a vast range of technical questions for supported web applications and system functions. Our staff understands military practices, procedures, and regulations/instructions. In addition, the team manages and protects the equipment within our control; including account and inventory control using the United States Air Force Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) accountability system.
Using the Global Reach Operations tools, the Wing ensures that all C-17 maintenance personnel have passed necessary tests and certifications. It can also track aircrew currency, and helps crew schedule training courses at 8th AF bases or online. The tools our team develops track aircraft maintenance personnel, produce mission schedules, and improve training materials. Our team at JBC supports mission critical elements of the C-17 program. Most importantly, it ensures that maintenance crews have the skills, certifications, and information to complete their jobs anywhere in the world. These tools also enable cross wing communication in real time for commanders on station, in the field, or TDY.
For more information, contact us.Share
About the Author: